Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Promise of a Rainbow

My Dad dancing with me at my wedding
On my drives out to Pee Dee I have had a lot of time to ponder life's happenings and spend some time alone with God this week. As Bronson and I drove out to meet his Papa yesterday I saw one of the most beautiful rainbows. It almost brought tears to my eyes and I recalled the promise of a rainbow after all storms. I immediately began to thank God for all that he has done for me. There is no prayer request too small or too large to bring to Him. He is wonderful and mighty! I think we often forget all of the things that He has done for us.

As we go into the Easter season this weekend I want to remember to praise God for everything that He has done. Out of some of my darkest times I have received God's biggest blessings. I feel that I am a stronger person in faith because of some of the trials in my life. The past 8 years haven't been the easiest for me in terms of my relationship with my dad, but God has provided me a miracle and an incredibly big answer to prayer. God has delivered my dad from an overwhelming sin of drug addiction and bad life choices to one of the greatest and most positive relationships in my life.

Some of you know that I was really anxious about my dad's release last year. When told by a close friend to not worry and hand it over to the Lord, I obeyed and was rewarded more than I ever thought possible. My dad is there in all of the ways that I need him to be. He is encouraging to me as a wife, mother, and most importantly as a child of God. I am so thankful that I once again have my dad in my life and that he can be a part of his grandchildren's lives. I truly believe that God has given me my rainbow by delivering my dad from this addiction and made him a child of God.

I am so looking forward to this Easter and being able to spend it with my family and friends. It will be nice to take a moment and thank the Lord for everything that he has done for me in the past few year. Here is just a list of some of my known answers to prayers in the past year, I am obviously forgetting many:

  • My son is healthy
    • Many premature infants are being prayed for and growing into happy, healthy babies.
  • My dad accepted Christ as his personal savior
  • Three of my close friends have desired to have a personal relationship with God
  • My marriage is strong and healthy. My husband is my answer to prayer.
  • My sister Ashley was cured of cancer.
  • Kyle and I both have jobs that we love
  • I saw my dream of becoming an instructor at WOU become a reality
  • Many of my friends/family members were delivered from sickness
  • My friend got pregnant!
  • My family is healthy
  • My relationship with God is continuing to grow.
These are some of the prayer requests that I have personally seen answered that are part of my life. Have you thought about everything He has done for you?