Pages

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Child's Prayers

60 solid days in the NICU I prayer over you everyday
Tonight you asked me to pray with you twice. This isn't the first time that your prayers have moved me to tears. Your faith could literally move mountains. When I asked you several months ago after a prayer time whether you had asked Jesus into your heart your response was so what I needed to hear. Mommy, I don't need to ask Jesus into my heart. He has always been there and will talk to me whenever I pray. There is no question in your mind or faith that Jesus exists. One thing that this did bring up in my mind was whether you understood who Jesus was...my answers have been responded to since then, but tonight The Lord spoke to me through you.

Your prayer said so much as you openly poured out your heart telling God how much you loved Him and that He was the sweetest most precious love of your life. You thanked Him for dying for our sins. You purely poured out your heart and told him that you were really sick and just needed Him to make you feel better. You thanked Him for providing (yes, you used that word) your family to take care of you when you were sick. You told Him over and over again how much you loved Him. You then thanked Him for always talking to you when you prayed. Your prayer was so honest, raw, and sweet. 

Bronson your prayer restored my heart tonight. You reminded me that The Lord will direct us how to pray if we just listen to Him. Your daddy and I don't pray this way often, yet you know exactly how to pray. You listen to God and follow His direction. You step out in faith and pour out your heart. I am so thankful for you and your childlike faith. It is so pure, real, and gentle.

I know I will have sweet dreams tonight as I sit up next to you listening to your sweet slumber. When I asked you how Jesus sounded, you told me He always says I love you forever and always. I needed to hear those words.

Lord, thank you for my son. Thank you for your sacrifice so that my entire family has the opportunity to have salvation. In your precious name, Amen.