Pages

Friday, January 11, 2013

What is normal?




I was driving to work the other day and found myself pouring out praises to God. I had the realization that even though some might be hiding under a rock right now or curled up in bed for days on end that He had given me the strength that I needed to get through each day; one step at a time. God is so good to me! I know that things are crazy and I wish and pray more than anything that my baby sister can be miraciously healed, but I also believe that our Lord has plans and that no matter the outcome He is taking care of this.

Don't get me wrong; I am sad. I look at pictures like the one above and I feel my chest tighten and my mouth proceed to smile at her love for Oaklen. My sister is beautiful and the biggest blessing in her life is to be a mommy. It hurts to know that without a miracle that he may not have his mama around forever; but I know that it is not the end of the world. My sister believes in Jesus Christ. She lives her life reading His word and believing in the truth of His salvation. Despite the outcome of this terrible sickness I know that the Lord reigns. I do not know what is in the future, but I will continue to praise God in all of my storms. Thank you Lord!