Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Guest Post: From a Friend

I am very fortunate to have some wonderful women in my circle of friends and family that spend countless hours praying for me and my family. A few of these mighty prayer warriors have started sending emails to my sister or myself. With permission of my friend's mom I would like to share her uplifting and encouraging email from this morning:

“Hope in God and wait expectantly for Him, for I shall praise Him, my Help and my God.” Psalm 42:5 
Think about God first thing every morning and throughout the day--think about how much He loves you and how powerful He is.  Send every other thought through the filter of His love and His power and remember Nothing is impossible with Him!  (Luke 1:37)  Don’t allow discouragement to overwhelm you, change your thoughts!  Remind yourself by saying out loud: I believe God and His Word!  Jesus said, “Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful.” (That’s a command--which means we have a choice to take hold of His strength and obey Him!)  John 14:27  There’s an old song that says, “Jesus, I am resting, resting in the Joy of what Thou art; I am finding out the greatness of Thy loving heart!”

Quote from Battlefield of the Mind, by Joyce Meyer:  “God’s word teaches us that our minds must be renewed so we learn to think like God thinks.  Satan is the father of lies and he constantly lies to us, trying to make us worry and doubt.  He tells us things about ourselves, about other people and about our circumstances that are just not true.  He does not, however, tell us the entire lie all at one time.  He begins by bombarding our mind with a cleverly devised pattern of little nagging thoughts, suspicions, doubts, fears, wonderings, reasonings, and theories.” 

Satan is a liar and he wants to steal your joy because the Bible says “The joy of the Lord is your strength!” Nehemiah 8:10

“The truth is that, although we lead normal human lives, the battle we are fighting is on the spiritual level.  The very weapons we use are not human but powerful in God’s warfare for the destruction of the enemy’s strongholds.  Our battle is to break down every deceptive argument and every imposing defense that [satan or] men erect against the true knowledge of God.  We fight to capture every thought until it acknowledges the authority of Christ.”  2 Corinthians 10:4-5 (Phillips translation)

A stronghold is an area in which we feel trapped due to a certain way of thinking.  The weapon we use against the evil one to avoid his traps is the Word of God. (See Ephesians 6: 10-18) Every time he tries to make you think about something negative, start speaking the Word out loud, even if it’s the same verse over and over again.  Continue to use the Word to keep your mind set on the peace the Lord gives you.  Sing praise songs and thank the Lord for every blessing you can think of.  Ask the Holy Spirit to remind you of your blessings if you start feeling discouraged.  Choose and continue to choose right thoughts: “I will never give up!  God is on my side, He loves me and He is helping me!

“Delight yourselves in the Lord, yes, find your joy in Him at all times...never forget the nearness of your Lord.  Don’t worry over anything whatever; whenever you pray tell God every detail of your needs in thankful prayer, and the peace of God, which surpasses human understanding, will keep constant guard over your hearts and minds as they rest in Christ Jesus...fix you minds on whatever is true, and honorable, and just, and pure and lovely and admirable.”  Philippians 4:4-8

You are His precious daughter in whom your Heavenly Father takes great delight.  He loves you with His everlasting, perfect love.  Give your worries and concerns to God and Rest your mind in thoughts of Him!  It takes constant practice, but the more we do it, the easier it becomes!