Pages

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Changed Man

If someone would have told me last year that my dad would be one of the biggest pillars in my life, I would not have believed them. Although my regular visits had went well with him the cynic in me (partially the CJ academic in me) had never seen someone completely recover while in the CJ system. I am very joyful to say that God is bigger than any criminal justice theory or rehabilitation program. My dad knows Jesus Christ and has let Him completely change his life. He truly is a new man. I reflected on this during my personal time this week when I realized that the old dad is GONE. I am so happy to see all of his anger, hurt, and frustration replaced with love, joy, and Peace. God is sooo good. I think with my dad's permission I will ask him to share his testimony on here soon. I am so thankful for the relationship that I now have with my dad and that he is the dream come true Grandpa to my son and nephew. God has answered my prayers beyond my requests. Sometimes the response might require a huge trial, but God NEVER fails.

As I spend some time reflecting this week on the past year I will close with one of the hardest phone calls I have ever had to make and how God already had it under control. Last year on August 10th my baby sister received the news that she had cancer. My dad was not in a position to go and visit. When I shared the news with him over the phone his response was calm and he instantly began praying God's promises. He kept me from losing it and reminded me that God would provide healing. I believe that my dad spent the majority of the next month in round the clock prayer and my sister was healed. I am so thankful that God provided such a peace and showed me in this interaction that my dad had changed. The old dad would have freaked out; the new dad reassured me with scripture and prayer. Of course no one is perfect but I am so thankful to say that the Lord has made my dad a new man.