Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Life Happens...

Using the newest technology to see what Bronson would look like if he kept eating too many chicken nuggets.
I realized the other day that my life is going so well and I really have nothing to complain about. Sure there are always some kind of problem going on in one relationship or another, but really God is letting me have a vacation of troubles. This does not hold true for several of my friends right now that are battling the biggest trials of their lives. As I was walking around campus today I realized that God has put me in this vacation mode to complete a big task...PRAYER. I used to be a very strong prayer warrior and could be counted on to spend hours checking off every last prayer request on my list. It is my son Bronson that has recently made me realize that my prayer life is not as strong as it should be. It was his sweet little hand that extended to me the other night and said, "Let us thank Him for this food."

It is so easy to go about life and forget the important things. It is easy to remember Him when we are going through the hard times because we are fully relying on Him. It is a different story when life is just happening and we don't have anything to complain about. When I came to this place during my walk this afternoon I was very humbled. I slowly began to recall all the prayer requests of my friends and distant acquaintances and realized that God wanted me to come to Him in prayer. I needed to take the time to lift each of these requests to Him. Again my son has been such an example to me. Every night after "bork" (his weird way of saying book) time Bronson prayers for everyone on his list. He has recently added a "thank you for Jesus." This little boy would really make his Great Grandma smile. He has such a heart for God. I truly believe what my friend Jamie says that preemies are born with this special attachment to heaven. My little boy has brought this small piece of heaven to me.

I am so thankful that God knows just what I need and exactly how much I can handle. Nearly 4 years after my biggest trial began I can be thankful that it has brought me a new meaning to the reality that God does not give you more than you can handle. I feel at peace that I am at a place in my life right now that I love my job, my little family, and have nothing to complain about.