Pages

Friday, June 4, 2010

Exhaustion

Tonight is a night that I sit alone in my house enjoying the silence. I listen to my favorite types of music on my I-pod and take a few minutes to catch up on facebook. I am exhausted. I have the entire evening to myself yet I can't find the energy to muster much of anything. I am emotionally and physically exhausted. Life has been going by too fast lately and I find myself needing to take a moment to slow down. When Kyle offered to give me the night free I felt guilty for needing it after our weekend away last weekend, but I truly need it. I think that it has probably been over 3 years since I have had a good night's sleep.

Today marks the day that 3 years ago I became pregnant. (Hopefully not too much information) It is crazy to think that it has only been 3 years. So many blessings have came our way since June of 2007. Our biggest was the birth of our tiny little boy. I am amazed on a daily basis how smart our little man is. I am taking the night to reflect on how great God is. Kyle and I have had some tough things come our way, but we are so fortunate to share the same faith and be able to pray and stick together throughout life's trials. I am so blessed to be married to my best friend. It seems like he reads me so well. I know that he really wanted to work on his car tonight, but I also think that he knew that I needed a solid night of sleep. We are working on transitioning Bronson into his own bed and so far things are going much better than I expected. He doesn't fight the bed as long as mommy agrees to lay in his toddler bed with him.

My one word title for tonight's blog is exactly how I feel. I actually feel like I am in a time warp with interrupted sleep. I actually fell asleep on the couch last night at 6:30. Kyle let me sleep while he cleaned the entire upstairs. I just couldn't function anymore. It is hard getting no more than 4 hours of uninterrupted sleep a night. I think I am finally getting to a point in my life that I require more sleep. I will continue to pray that my little man makes a smooth transition into his own bed. I do have to count my blessings; he started each night in his own bed this week.

Please continue to keep our family in your prayers as we make some huge transitions and changes. We are so thankful for the opportunity for change!