Pages

Thursday, June 17, 2010

And so it began...



Standing in our backyard of our first home in June of 2007 where this picture was taken, we had no idea of what laid ahead. I had no clue that I was a "little" pregnant and that in a mere six months I would be a mommy. I felt that the world was at my fingertips. I had a Master's degree from Western Oregon University. We had just sold our home, we had plans to build a new one, and I had a great job at Western Community Policing Institute. Life was good!

It is amazing what six months can change. For most of my pregnancy we lived over the garage of a new home in the Edwards addition and then just weeks before the delivery of Bronson moved into a new home in Dallas. It wasn't exactly what Kyle had hoped for, but it was home and the best situation for us. Life was changing and when we signed the papers of this home we thought we would be bringing home two little boys and needed every spare penny. It was later discovered that we needed every spare penny to pay for all of our medical bills. It was the BEST decision we ever made to buy something at the bottom of our budget.

Life has been hard these past couple of years. I think next to the pregnancy situation it was a major blow to be laid off from the grant funded job. I firmly believe that everything happens for a reason and have continued to pray for a door to be opened for me in my career path. It hasn't been easy leaving Bronson 40 hours a week, but I know that he is doing well and being loved on each minute that we are gone. We are so blessed with great family and friends to take care of our little boy. I have struggled with guilt over not being a full-time SAHM, but I also believe that it is not my calling. I was lucky to be able to have almost 18 months home with him.

A GREAT door just opened for me. Praise the Lord! I just learned that I will be starting work at Western Oregon University on June 30th. Almost exactly 3 years since I walked in the ceremonies for my Master's degree. It is my dream job! I get to work in the academic world again and with some great people. WOU's campus is so wonderful in the summer and I can't wait to begin.