Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2010

My Motivation

This month marks a year since I stopped pumping every 3 hours to sustain Bronson's nutrition. It also marks the beginning in my ever so quick weight gain. My diet hasn't changed; however the lack of activity has added to a downward slope of packing on the pounds. This is my second month of my new workout plan and I have to admit last night I almost threw in the towel. After a steady routine of 3 times a week of working out and changing the way that I eat...I GAINED FIVE MORE POUNDS!!! Yikes!! I was so upset when I stepped on the scale that tears actually filled my eyes. I know it sounds a bit dramatic, but I wondered why I was working out in the first place and then I remembered my motivation.

I am not working out to lose tons of weight. That will happen in the process. I am working out to be a healthier mom and sustain a better lifestyle for my family. I also would like my husband to be proud of me. He already is, but I think that I could work a little better to be in as good of shape as he is. The man works out 5-6 times a week and still weighs what he did in high school. That would be a huge undertaking for me, but I would love to be back down to wedding weight.

As I approach the end of my first week of running training I am reminded of my new goal and motivation...I want to run half of the 10K for March for Babies. Kyle and I are going to do it together. This is a struggle for me because I like to socialize so much, but I know that the reward will be so much greater when I have pushed myself to work for something that I believe in. I believe in the mission of March of Dimes. I believe that every baby should be born healthy. I believe that no mommy or daddy should have to leave the hospital without their baby. I believe that someday advances will be made to prevent prematurity even more. Until that day comes, I will keep on running for Bronson and Jackson.