Pages

Monday, June 22, 2009

In the Life of Bronson













We spent Father's Day weekend over in Redmond this year. The visit was great, but I don't think I will ever get used to the sound of a whining child next to me in the backseat of a car for 3 hours. People say that when it is your own child it doesn't seem as bad, I will tell you the truth. IT IS THAT BAD! Anyways, our little man was Amazing for the visit. He has always been comfortable with Uncle Rick and Auntie Michelle, but he really bonded with Great Grandpa Kerfoot, sweetly renamed, Grandpa Cookie. You can only guess why he was given that title. Although it was a short visit it was wonderful getting to see everyone and being able to see Grandma's new place. Kyle and I really feel that prayers have been answered with the family's decisions.

Bronson is getting SO big lately. I think that over the weekend he probably added about 10-15 words to his growing vocabulary. Off the top of my head, he says, bath, bed, night-night, pa pa, cookie, car, guys, dog, something for horses, but we can't really tell what it is, tree, the normal baby words, and Ayden. Ayden is the one that amazes us the most because the word isn't that easy to say, but he still says it. He is also doing so much big boy stuff lately. He never crawls anymore and is climbing everything. We finished childproofing last night and the poor guy's heart is broken. He can no longer destroy my kitchen cupboards, but had to draw the line.


Last Thursday was our bi-monthly check in with his home health nurse. He passed all of his tests with flying colors. He now weighs 21 pounds, 12 ounces and is 30 1/2 inches tall. He is still a little small for his age, but when you think about how much he has grown in a year and a half I think it is amazing. Well, I am beginning to realize that my little baby is slowly becoming very much a big boy. It is sad, but I starting to miss the baby stage already. I am also overcome with joy at the amazing progress our little son has made.