Pages

Friday, March 20, 2009

Quick Catch Up

Things are going good with the Deets. We have been pretty busy lately with lots of activities. Mostly I have been working like crazy to get organized for our March for Babies event on April 25, 2009. I am now starting to get a little nervous about doing a speech, however it will be a wonderful way of honoring Bronson. Since our trip to the beach with Bronson he has been growing like a weed. He loves getting into everything and I have to tell him millions of times a day to stop messing with the plugs, plants, furniture, and other objects around our house. His new favorite activity is to empty his snack drawer out on the floor. I really like it when he smashes all of his crackers in the floor and then cries when I start to clean them up.

Being Bronson's mommy is the most joy I have ever felt. This boy makes me so happy and I am enjoying watching his spirit blossom everyday. He definitely has a strong will and determination, but I allow it to remind me of what he has overcome. I hope that he continues to show this determination for his life. We are spending the weekend in Blodgett so that Bronson can spend some time with Grammie and Grandpa. Kyle gets his feelings hurt a bit because he only has eyes for them while we are there, but it is good for him. We aren't able to go to Redmond this weekend because of the bad weather so I am going to spend some time getting some stuff done.

Jackson's plaque is finally hung at the Blodgett cemetery. I don't know why but this has made me want to stop there more often. I think because it gives me a place to reflect on all that has happened in the almost 2 past years. I find it peaceful to go there and clean Lindsay's grave and thank God for all of the many blessings that I have amidst some serious sadness. I also am grateful that I have survived this loss and am beginning to start to feel as normal as I can. Once again, I will never be "over" this, but I am getting through it.

Things I am a looking forward to: (Traci, I stole this from you, thanks)
  • warmer weather
  • trip to the beach with Bronson and mom
  • March for Babies
  • Women's Retreat
  • Getting to use Kyle's birthday present, tickets to a comedy show that was postponed
  • Summer babies of some of my close friends

Not much of a post, but a little recap of our lives.