Pages

Friday, April 27, 2007

Songs that mean something

My sister Alexis commented on this song the other day and said how much she loved it. I hadn't really read the words, but after she commented I decided to check them out. Things are crazy for me right now and in the midst of this craziness I have learned that my only true saving grace is my relationship with JESUS. In saying that, I know that I am guilty of forgetting to spend time alone with Him everyday. I am currently reading a book by Karen Kingsbury and although the topic is nothing that I can relate to; I can relate to feeling that I need to reinvest my focus on God. Many of you know about my family and things that I struggle with everyday. Others of you don't, but can still understand when I say that I am struggling. I have so much to be thankful for, but there are still things that leave me sad and confused. Please keep me in your prayers in regards to my relationship with my dad. I love him even though I may not be able to see him or talk to him that often. Some people confuse my lack of talking about him as a sign that I don't care. Please don't be confused, this is the way that I cope with the pain and confusion. My husband remains a rock to me through these trying times, but it is still hard for him to understand the pain that anyone experiences with broken families. Praise God that he never had to experience this pain and confusion as a young child. I know that many of you can relate to growing up in a broken home. It is not easy, but I couldn't have asked for a better person to have as a mom. I know that my mom doesn't read this myspace stuff, but I wouldn't have the confidence that I do without your love and support. God gave me my mom to show me on earth that people truly do care. But most importantly that He loves me. I don't know why I feel the need to share something so deep today, but it just struck me that some might be able to benefit from this blog. Love to all-Amber

I NEED YOU TO LOVE ME

By

BARLOWGIRL

Why, why are You still with me?

Didn't You see what I've done?

In my shame I want to run and hide myself

But it's here I see the truth

I don't deserve You

(Chorus:)

But I need You to love me, and I

I won't keep my heart from You this time

Soon I'll stop this pretending that I can

Somehow deserve what I already have

I need You to love me

I, I have wasted so much time

Pushing You away from me

I just never saw how much You could cherish me

Cuz You're a God who has all things

And still You want me

Your love makes me forget what I have been

Your love makes me see who I really am