Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

Major Changes

As I begin to make my life a little less complicated in the following months I have decided to take a more active role in blogging. I enjoy being able to look back on my archives to see how I was feeling or what was going on in our life/family. It is motivating to see how far Bronson has come and the improvements that Kyle and I have been able to make in our parenting styles and personal relationship. I am very blessed and strive to share with others my testimony by example vs. just by talking about it. Our family has experienced many changes this last month and I feel that I am finally ready to take a new personal shift of saying, "NO" way more often. In the past I have felt guilty whenever I haven't been able to volunteer to help for events; both church and personal. I have decided to take this next year to enjoy the few events that I love and say no to the others. These are two promises that I have made to Kyle and myself:

  • No volunteering for any organizations other than running our family team for March for Babies
  • No volunteering in classrooms for a full year so that our family can attend church regularly as a family
I am feeling very good about these changes that we have decided to make. Our family needs more time and I need less stress. Life is so good! I don't want stress to be the cause for bad moods, ruined relationships, and overall crankiness on my behalf. Sometimes when your plate is too full you just have to step back and remove some of the junk.

Enjoying time with a great friend