Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Love Dare

Kyle and I just celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary. I can't truly tell you if it seems like forever or just a day since we got married. I can honestly say that I spend everyday thanking God that I got to marry my best friend. Kyle completes me. I don't mean this in a mushy way, but a very sincere admission. We are very different people, but I feel that we both try to bring out the best in each other. As we approached our 7 year mark we begin to think of ways that we could improve communication or make our marriage better. We both believe that it is important to keep the spark in our relationship.

The first step that we have made in the new year is reading through the Love Dare together. We had watched the movie well over a year ago and decided against the lesson thinking that it had to do more with the issue of infidelity than anything else. We were pleasantly surprised to discover that this book has more to do with taking steps to initiate a more loving relationship with your spouse. I can honestly say that this book is making a big difference in our life. We have always believed that love is more an action than emotion. This book solidifies making a point to make sure that your partner feels love. I am looking forward to the next 35 days of doing extra things to make my best friend happy.