Pages

Saturday, November 7, 2009

I love being a mommy!

Yesterday was November 6th. You might be thinking...why is she telling me the date of yesterday? Well, November 6th is an infamous day for me. It is the day 2 years ago that I was put on OFFICIAL bedrest to try to save my little baby Jackson's life. Sadly, 12 days later his eternal soul went to rest in the arms of God. A month and 22 days later I delivered my most perfect blessing in the world, Bronson. It was such a day of mixed emotions; I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that this little guy and I would become inseperable.

Well, nearly a month ago I had to start working full-time outside our home. It was a decision that Kyle and I did not take lightly. It would be wonderful for me to be able to stay at home full-time, but when you have to pay thousands in medical bills and continue to keep medical insurance on your entire family it really isn't an option. We are slowly moving toward a debt free lifestyle and I first big step was the sale of our mustang. I think it was kind of hard for Kyle, but we both feel an incredible weight lifted off of our shoulders. It has really allowed us to put a little money aside to feel comfortable again.

Bronson is slowly adapting to daycare. He has had the added advantage of two full weeks being watched by family due to him being sick and then the closure of his daycare last week because of the flu. It is very hard to leave him, but I am very blessed to have found an awesome couple that watches them in their home in Philomath. It almost seems like I am taking him to another set of grandparents instead of daycare. It is making me treasure Saturday mornings so much. I just love to snuggle this little guy up and whisper to him all the promises of his parents love for him. I am beginning to be able to give myself a little break, that he is not suffering because I have to work.

Yesterday was hard...I just wanted to be with my baby. It dawned on me during lunch why the day was bothering me so much. I wanted to snuggle him up and whisper secrets, but I had to fulfill my obligations first. As soon as the duties were over, I raced home to spend some time with him. He greeted me at the door full of smiles and happiness. I am so blessed to be his mommy!